1. 1. Who are you?
Just call me Guss, the name I adopted after hanging around in English
speaking forums since they can’t pronounce my real life nickname.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
#1, I don’t like to stand in the spotlight. I can’t even properly hold a
speech even though I prepared one. #2, I
tend more to science than nature. That doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a beautiful
scenery. #3, if I’m really into something, I can spend days with it without
thinking about much else.
3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
My job description is saying I’m an accountant. But I’m more of an
office jack of all trades. Doing what needs to be done. Accounting, sales,
marketing, admin, social media caretaker…
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time).
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time).
Wow, that REALLY changed during the last 2 years of school. I hated math
but then I graduated with a solid good mark and now, it’s my favourite subject.
Besides that, I liked English (because I never had to learn anything for it)
and history. My least favourite subject was French. The rest is in the middle.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
Getting more serious with my blog and completing the things on my bucket
list.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
Honestly, no idea. So much stuff happened in the last 5 years, from
being depressed and wanting to jump out of windows to meeting new friends and
really enjoying certain situations. I’d be fine if it would just stay the way
it is now.
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
The stage where everyone is telling me to get married, start a family
and settle down. I’ve wasted so many time of my life, I’m just getting started!
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
A bit child-like but definitely more childish. I can be serious when I
need to be but I’m always having a hard time then. I’m not taking myself or
anything else too serious. Just enough to get through life.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
“Morning.” I just got up writing this.
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
Tough one. It could be Dio’s “Caught in the middle”. There are many
interpretations to that song but the one that fits the most is if I want to be
stuck in what I am right now or if I should do whatever I want to do. Somewhat
the exact thought of why I created the Bucket List RPG.
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
No. Not the most athletic person. It is one point of the list but I’ll
wait some time before getting into this.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Both. It went down really hard, came back up to only hit the bottom. Got
up again, hit a little low and is currently rising again. It has been one hell
of a ride and it’s not even halfway through.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
Not time alone. It can get better over time but it’s faster with some
help. Either from friends and family or professional help. If you need help,
just say it. Nothing to be afraid of.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
Accepting the fact that it’s raining. I can’t change it anyway. If it’s
a normal work day, I get up, go to work and do my stuff. If it’ on a weekend, I
can spend it with gaming, filling out an endless amount of questions and maybe
go out with friends. A rainy day alone can’t drag me down anymore. I even like
hearing the rain pound on my window while laying in bed. Very calming.
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Losing my luggage. I’m using wireless LED lights for years now. No more
tangling.
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
Normal, I guess. I love them but every once in a while, there’s some
arguing. Which family isn’t fighting over certain things?
Will you miss them when they are gone?
Will you miss them when they are gone?
Definitely.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
I can be very oblivious to my surroundings. Especially when people are
saying there’s something going on between others.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
Everything and everyone has two sides. Don’t even think about something
is just this or that. It will turn out the exact opposite.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Professional football player. (Soccer that is, but you ever dare
referring to it as soccer!)
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
One? Many! If I had been serious, I wouldn’t be able to answer all this
questions. I can’t even count all the situations where I got second chances.
Sometimes, I decided myself, sometimes other gave me that opportunity and I’m
very thankful they did.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Giver. I like to make my friends happy with a gift or something.
Inviting them for dinner, paying the parking fee and such.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I’m trying to but nobody really can. You always have a certain preset
and that can’t be changed easily.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
I think my ruptured appendix. But that was like 25 years ago. I don’t
like pain or getting into situations where you have to endure it.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Getting bullied over years.
25. Who have you hugged today?
25. Who have you hugged today?
Only my pillow.
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
Nobody and I don’t think that will change today.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
Who doesn’t?
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A Motivating myself. I suck at this.
B Socializing. I’m the guy who always stands in the corner.
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A Motivating myself. I suck at this.
B Socializing. I’m the guy who always stands in the corner.
C Doing magic tricks. Because magics.
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
What they do together with how they make me feel. Those go hand in hand.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Trust and faithfulness.
A I just never want to be all alone.
B Travelling around.
C Overcoming my shyness.
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A Holding speeches. Urgh!
B War. Not too keen of going to war.
C Ironing. Yes, simple as that. Absolutely hate it.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
B Travelling around.
C Overcoming my shyness.
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A Holding speeches. Urgh!
B War. Not too keen of going to war.
C Ironing. Yes, simple as that. Absolutely hate it.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
Not really. Just going with Wheaton’s rule.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
The 19..
20's: Weimar Republic
30's: Rise of Hitler
40's: WW2 and aftermath
50's: Germany getting divided
60's: Peak of the Cold War
70's: 2nd World Cup title
80's: Decade I was born in
90's: Unified Germany
2000: Contains the best times of my life
2010's: Contains the worst time of my life and back to some good times
34. What does each decade make you think of:
The 19..
20's: Weimar Republic
30's: Rise of Hitler
40's: WW2 and aftermath
50's: Germany getting divided
60's: Peak of the Cold War
70's: 2nd World Cup title
80's: Decade I was born in
90's: Unified Germany
2000: Contains the best times of my life
2010's: Contains the worst time of my life and back to some good times
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
The 2000s. Graduated in the midst of it. Started bad, got horribly,
became awesome, went down and up again.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Stairway to Heaven. No explanation needed.
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
Germany and Angela Merkel. Though the highest ranking person is Joachim
Gauck.
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
Don’t let Germany fall into the hands of radical right-wing idiots.
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
I rarely watch TV in the middle of the night. Especially since there are
always stupid and rigged call in game shows.
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
Darth Vader. Tried so desperately to save his loved ones.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
No, not very common around here.
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Fly. It’s simply faster.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
Do I have to get scientific here? During the day, the light of the sun
gets reflected by Oxygen and Hydrogen molecules and we’re only seeing the blue
spectrum of the light wave. During the night, we see the black of the vast
nothing in space. Just the short version.
43. What does your name mean?
43. What does your name mean?
My real name stands for a person coming from a certain city in Asia
Minor which was named after the old Greek word for “venerable”. No idea about
the meaning of my family name. I only know it has its origin in Poland.
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
Outer space. I’ve always been fascinated by its size and apparent
emptiness. I’m sure there are other beings out there, just too far away from
us.
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Air: Breathing
Meat: BBQ
Different: Opposite
Pink: Not my colour.
Deserve: Punishment
White: Typical wall colour.
Elvis: Devil in Disguise
Magic: Wizards
Heart: Important organ (not the most romantic answer there…)
Clash: Meteor
Pulp: Fiction
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
There are so many. Way too many to decide.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
Then I’d meet them?
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
The whole Lord of the Rings trilogy, but not everyday. It would even
take half of the day.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
A thick book to read. Or maybe a bucket for…things..to do…
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
A thick book to read. Or maybe a bucket for…things..to do…
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
Yes and maybe they don’t even know they did.
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words...
Fruitgoogle: Search engine for vegans.
Ambytime: Is it weird that I know that Amby is a town in the Netherlands? So it would be their time zone.
Asscactus: Painful sex toy.
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
Probably some pottery stuff in elementary school. I’m not the best
amateur craftsman.
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Lego stuff. Lots of it.
54. How many TV’s are in your house?
54. How many TV’s are in your house?
Just one.
2.
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Sightseeing and discovering new places.
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
Haven’t seen one for quite a while but it would just be a quick look.
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
Sadly not. Or hopefully not. Had some weird dreams but no, I can’t
remember of a dream that came true.
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
No, but I will be going at some point in the future.
59. What is your idea of paradise?
59. What is your idea of paradise?
A place where I don’t feel bad. Could be anywhere.
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like?
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like?
No. Not in God as a person. There MIGHT be yet undiscovered forces but
it’s more a scientific approach than religion.
61. Do you believe in Hell?
61. Do you believe in Hell?
Not really believing in a life after death at all. No heaven, no hell. I
can understand how comforting such a thought can be to people.
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven't?
Does failing at life count?
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
I once gave back a school test empty because it didn’t matter, it didn’t
have any effect on my grade at all. I got an F, surprisingly. One other person
would have gotten an F as wel but since I handed it in empty, the teacher gave
them a better grade. He would have failed the test and ultimately, the whole
class. So I kind of rescued him without even knowing.
64. Are you a patient person?
64. Are you a patient person?
Mostly yes. Waiting for almost 30 years to start “living”.
65. What holiday should exist but doesn't?
65. What holiday should exist but doesn't?
Procrastination Day.
66. What holiday shouldn't exist but does?
66. What holiday shouldn't exist but does?
May 1st. I’m fine with having a day off but why is it called
Labour Day then?
67. What's the best joke you ever heard?
67. What's the best joke you ever heard?
There’s a band called 1023MB. They didn’t have any gigs yet.
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
Greece, 10 years ago. As a fan of their food, history and mythology,
that was exactly my place. And there has been some serious drinking games going
on.
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
Natural. Dyeing the hair that is left wouldn’t be worth it.
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
Deep dark secrets. I try to be more open about them but most people
would be scared or feel uncomfortable when told. Not a good topic for small
talk.
71. What is under your bed right now?
71. What is under your bed right now?
Dust. And a carpet. I don’t keep things under my bed.
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
Going home. Don’t know anyone there and there’s no internet.
73. If you drive do you frequently speed?
73. If you drive do you frequently speed?
I’m German, there is no such thing as “driving too fast”. But if there’s
a speed limit, I just go slightly over it.
74. What is the world's best song to dance to?
74. What is the world's best song to dance to?
Genesis – I can’t dance. Don’t know, since I don’t dance. If I would, I
probably won’t remember the next day.
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
Did I mention that I don’t dance and just stand in the corner?
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
Is this a Marvel vs. DC question? There are things I like and things I
don’t like in both franchises, but if I had to choose…Disney. Now with Star
Wars.
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
I’m always starting with what is at the entrance. I want to see every
animal there is. Not rushing right into it for a specific one. But I do like
penguins. Clumsy just like me.
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
I’d like to be more romantic than I am. Probably just too afraid.
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
Depends on if we would survive the sudden acceleration. But I’d say no,
our necks would just snap the instant it stops.
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
Meeting my friends. I’d do a lot for them.
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
I’m quite satisfied with the way it is right now but since there are
rules, we’re already not fully “free”. For a successful community, you need a
healthy amount of both. To answer the question, there are some silly rights,
you could perfectly live without. The right of possessing guns. I never had one
my entire live and life here is much more comfortable if you know, the stranger
next to you also has no weapon.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
Definitely equator. It has the nicer weather.
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
Listening to music. But there’s also music in TV. Would that also be
forbidden then?
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
Helping others no matter what.
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
My favourite cartoon would be The Simpsons, but South Park has my
vocabulary.
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach:
Tofu. Not hating on vegans but I’m allergic to it.
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
“Wool” by Hugh Howey. It’s a book in case you don’t know.
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
No.
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
Not really.
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class...dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class...dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
Bowling. Too stupid or weak for the other ones.
91. In Star Trek people 'beam' back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So...
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
91. In Star Trek people 'beam' back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So...
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
Yes. I think it’s our memories that define a person.
92. What insects are you afraid of?
92. What insects are you afraid of?
The smaller and the more feet is has, the more I don’t like them. I’m
not really afraid of them, I just don’t enjoy being covered in them.
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
I saw a shirt recently that said “Everything went according to the plan.
The plan just sucked.” That. Story of my life.
94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
A skirt and a blonde wig for a satirical school play.
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
Pizza.
96. What are your parents interested in?
96. What are your parents interested in?
My Dad likes to eat, my Mom likes to cook. Perfect match.
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
No, never.
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
Also no.
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
Plans. I like to be prepared and organized.
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
Spending good times with friends.
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?
Tent, sleeping bag and a flashlight. I know, I’m creative.
Still reading? Part 2 will be coming next week...I hope.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen