Mission #132: Order food in a foreign language
Reward:
- 100 EXP
- 2 WIS
Mission #110: Eat Gyros in Greece
Reward:
- 100 EXP
- 2 WIS
Those two missions are going hand in hand. Remember 2 postst ago when I told you I was in Greece in 2005? I could complete both of this assignments at that time. Needless to say that there were only a handful people ho could understand German so ordering in English was normal. Gladly, I am bilingual as I stated in the last post. (Hmm, pretty much every mission has something to do with all the other ones...) The only Greek words or phrases I know are basic greetings and insults. These are always the first ones you're about to learn when starting a new language.
Eating Gyros in Greece. Come on, how could I not? I'm not a vegetarian. Plates with piles of meat on it and fairly cheap. I think it was about 3 or 4 € for one of those plates. Back then, the waiters were still friendly towards Germans since it was the year after Greece won he Euro 2004 in Portugal with Otto Rehhagel, the German coach. Whenever you said you're from Germany, they smiled and shouted "Rehhagel!" I wonder what they would say now if you're saying that you're German. The response might not be that friendly to say the least.
Another fun part was that one evening when we were sitting at a restaurant near our hotel in Paralio Astros and one of my classmates had rather long blond hair. We always made fun of him that he is looking like a girl. When we ordered our food, the waiter turned to him and asked "And the lady?" The following laughter was intense. It is still a running gag 10 years later whenever we meet him.
Later that day, one of those guys wandering around the beach to sell various items came up to us and asked if we want to buy some of his DVDs. We took a look and asked if those are originals. "Yes, of course!" but they were clearly fake and not even well made ones. We all laughed at him and he admitted those are fakes immediately but then claimed they were still a good quality. It turned out that he was living in Germany for 8 months a year, near Stuttgart and only comes back to Greece in order to scam foolish tourists.
The more I'm thinking of it, that one week was brilliant!
Any more missions for me? Just tell me^^
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen