What if?
Have you ever wondered about that phrase and how your life would have went a different path? Yes, I know you have. Because everybody at least once has. "What if I had gotten a better grade back in school?" - "What if Ihave talked to this boy/girl?" - "What if I had superpowers?" We are always asking ourselves "What if?". So the question today is "What if...your life would be an RPG?" Basically, it already is. People giving you tasks, lots of grinding and finally unlocking achievements. But it does not feel like it. Why not? Because it is lacking a very fundamental piece that every good RPG has or should have. There is no leveling up and even though you are grinding day after day, you won't be awarding with skill points. But what if you could level up and get skill points? Wouldn't you automatically be more motivated to work harder in order to get better? Sure you would be! And that is the reason why I came up with the idea of leveling up my own life. How exactly I came up with it and when it was is a long story and may be told at a later moment.
"How does this even work?"
Easy. Just like in every other RPG. I get objectives that I try to achieve. And for every completed task, I will get awarded with experience (EXP) and skill points (SP). The more I collect, the higher the level will be. I will start with 0 EXP and being a Lv. 1 noob (Luckily there is no PVP!) and all my skills at 0.
"When do you level up?"
Depends. For EXP, I decided to go with a mix between linear and exponential growth. Every level takes more EXP to complete but not like a certain percentage. To reach Lv. 2, 100 EXP are needed. From Lv. 2 to Lv. 3, 200. Then 300, 400 and so on. To reach Lv. 100, a total of 495,000 EXP are to begained. And to unlock the Master Level, an unbelievable 1,000,000 EXP. Sounds tough and it is. The easiest task as of now is "Drink 3 glasses of water first thing in the morning" and worth only 25 EXP. But every task can be only done once. That way, I won' end up doing the easy ones for hours and grind my way up like that. More difficult ones like "Complete a marathon" are worth 2,500 EXP. (Fo me, a marathon is almost impossible...yet) A second list has been created with places. For every 10 km traveled, I will get 1 EXP. And again one place can only be visited once in order to prevent myself from driving around aimlessly and still get to level up.
"What about skill points?"
Good question. I won't be getting only EXP but also SP for every mission. There are 5 stats: Strength, Wisdom, Environment, Charisma and Dexterity. Doing deadlifts are falling into the STR department, learning a new language would be a CHA task. I think you get the point. I got inspired by lvluplife.com but there you have to unlock new tasks by completing already existing ones and it didn't feel right to me. I like it when all objectives are already open and I can choose by myself what I am about to do. In contrast to EXP, skills get leveled up in a linear approach. For every 10 SP, the certain skill is going up by 1. Usually, 100 is the max in RPGs but I hope to get past that at some point. But with the tasks on the list, some skills only climb around Lv. 60. So I need more input.
"More input?"
Yes! Now we're getting to the most interesting part. On my list, there are roughly around 350 missions to choose from. Only a few are coming out of my crazy mind. Back when it all started like a "real" bucket list. Since thn, I asked some friends for more challenges and now we're here, with a huge load of things to do. But I still need more. As I said before, some skills can be maxed ou already at Lv. 60 and the overall EXP are just 170k (remember, I need 495,000 EXP for Lv. 100).
I need YOUR input. If you're having ideas, no matter how crazy, stupid or tough, just tell me. I will take up any idea and add to the list. The only ones I will decline are self-mutilation (also including piercings and tattoos. I'd like to decide that by myself since that it mostly forever), illegal and impossible stuff (I won't shoot anyone and I simply just can't grow wings). All the others will at least make it to the list. If I actually can complete thm, is another question. But I promise that I will try and and do my best. You can also state the amount of EXP and SP you think it is worth, but please try to e a bit realistic. Winning a gold medal in the Olympics should be worth more than eating bread.
To see what is already on the list, here is the link:
Things
Let the game begin!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen